Sunday, August 10, 2014

Story Time with Dolce! Part 10

From earlier, "Where would I place the staple remover?" Nina asked.
     "Oh yeah, I forgot about that. The draw in that room is fine," he pointed at an out of place nightstand with only three drawers. She pulled out the bottom one. Hmm? There was a old crumpled piece of paper laying in the center. Is this trash? If it is, I wonder if it'll be okay to throw it away... The little girl picked it up and began to unfold it. Might be... 
     She froze.
     It was an old photo of Hillary and Andrew by the lake.
~~~
It's from that time. 
~~~
     "Let's come see the swans again."
     They unpacked the lunches Hillary made,"Woah, aren't these sandwiches too big? You used five pieces of bread and four different ingredients! This is too much!" The girl beside his had already hug into her sandwich, chomping away happily.
~~~
He still has it....
~~~
Yoink.
     Andrew drew the picture out of her hands. "Huh?" She turned around, "I'm sorry!" She didn't look up, "I just... that photo..." She couldn't find the right words. The little girl pursed her lips.
     Andrew smiled solemnly, "Look," he handed the photo back to Nina, "You can look it at, only because it's you." She took the paper from his hands., "But don't look at it for too long. It's embarrassing." He looked away smiling sheepishly, "I was young."
~~~
     Andrew is...
~~~
     Nina handed the picture back to him and he put it back into the drawer, "In the past I went to the lake with her. Only once though," his smile went from sheepish to sad.
~~~
     Even now, he still remembers Hillary and recalls memories of her. It would be nice if i could say, "I was Hillary in my previous life." But if I said that, how...
~~~
     "Let's go then, before the apple pie gets cold."
~~~
I won't say it. 
...
Because...
...
I'm here as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment