Tap
Tap
Tap
Nina ran to Andrew's house again, climbing over the fence. He was sleeping on the deck with Chickidee snuggled against his stomach.
"Huh?" Andrew woke up finding his head on the lap of a ten year old, "Woah! What is this?!" He sat up in shock.
"Whoops! No can do! Sleep!" She pulled his head back down. "Do you need me to sing read you a bed time story?"
"Please stop it, you're scaring me."
"I'm pretty good. I've read many stories to my little brother."
"I feel like I remember that line from somewhere..." Andrew grumbled, rolling onto his side and sighing. Nina smiled.
"This is nice... we're like newlyweds."
"So I have a lolita complex... Stop it..." he rolled his eyes.
"Hm?" She looked down at his ear facing towards her. "WHY CAN I SEE THROUGH THIS EARLOBE?!!!"
"Ah... I guess it's expanded quite a bit now."
Nina panicked, "This is the first time I've noticed it... When did you get it?"
"In the third year of middle school I think..." After Hillary died. "The me at that time turned into a masochist in an instant. I couldn't eat anything for who knows how many days. Ahh, and then, I pierced it!"
"...did it hurt?"
"At first."
"How about now?"
"The wound is gone. It doesn't bleed anymore, either. Now there's just a hole there." The image of her former self and Andrew flashed in her head. The things she lost. Nina stood up immediately. "Ouch!" Andrew hit his head on the wooden deck. "Ow..." he rubbed the back of his head. "Hey, why'd you get up so suddenly...?" The little girl couldn't speak. She just looked down at him with a blank stare as tears flows freely from her eyes. She ran.
"NINA?!"
~~~
You're not talking about the piercing. It... it's not a wound, it can't be healed. The hole left by Hillary's passing, has become far too large.
Until now, this person has always been alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment