Sunday, July 6, 2014

Story Time with Dolce! Part 5

     "Nina! Welcome back!"
     My neighbor, Mrs. Nancy Wilson, who is also the school lunch lady, = equals, Andrew's colleague. 
     Nina's mother was standing outside her house chatting, "This girl you know, sticks to Mr. Daniel's like glue!" Her mother giggled.
     "MOOOOOM!"
     "Ah, the perks of being a child!" The lunch lady laughed, "Drew's rate of success is high because he's the lunchroom idol!" There was a burst of laughter from both of the women. "Ah, but it looks like he had a steady girlfriend for a long time."
     "How come you know that, Nancy?" The two began to gossip again.
     "Well, I heard a bit at a drinking part," she smiled sheepishly.
~~~
     "I think I might have lost something," Andrew downed another glass of beer.
      "What?" Mrs. Wilson asked, confused by his words.
     "In some way, my ability to love someone, it seems," he looked out the window.
     "Oh now, what are you saying?" Mrs. Smith continued.
~~~
     Her mother shifted her weight, waiting for the explanation. "It looks like when he was a middle schooler, he had his heart broken greatly," Mrs. Wilson said.
~~~
     "I probably already... don't have the strength to love anyone anymore."
~~~
     Nina froze in place, looking down.
~~~
     That's wrong Andrew. That's not how it is. It's not like your wound has disappeared... 


No comments:

Post a Comment