Sunday, June 29, 2014

Story Time with Dolce! Part 4

     "Shall we go home together?" A fifteen year old Andrew waited for Hillary outside the classroom of the student council.
     The two walked silently down that same paved road. Not hand in hand, but just at the same speed. WHY IS IT SO QUIET?! Hillary was freaking out on the inside. Lately, I can't stand the silence whenever we see each other! "Ah! I've forgot to return Laura's book, so I'll go and return it! So you can go ahead of me, Andrew!" She looked flustered. "Go on ho-..." He grabbed her hand and continued walking forward. Hillary began to blush. She was only glad that he wasn't looking at her. No, no, no, no, no. It's impossible, impossible, impossible. She could feel her heartbeat in her ears. Or rather, just say SOMETHING!     
     "Huh?" She looked up. Andrew was a red as a tomato as he looked down at the pavement. Her thoughts went silence as she too walked in silence. The thumping of her heart only seemed to ring louder in her ears.
~~~
From that day onward, the two of us always held hands while walking home. We couldn't tell each other "I love you," or "go out with me," or "let's go out." But even so, we certainly understood each other's feelings.
~~~
And yet...
~~~
COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO~
     Young Nina pouted as she diligently cleaned up the chicken pen in self serving silence. Andrew squatted at the corner of the pen with a full grown chicken on his head, staring at the girl, wondering what was wrong.
     "Nina, have you eaten breakfast?" He held up an egg. "Chickidee's special omelet."
     "I don't need it..."
     "Why not?"
     "Because I'm on a diet..." The little girl continues to pout. But I really want to eat it.
     Andrew smiled, "If you lose any more weight, you'll lose more of your cuteness, you know?" The young man knelt down and tilted his head to see her face.
     "Eh?" Nina's face went beet red. Damn it! Before she even knew it she was already sitting down in the dining room, waiting for a meal. Ugh, my past love is my weakness. Nina's face remained red. She turned around seeing Andrew cooking in the kitchen. She noticed how large his shoulders had become.  Ah, he's an adult.
~~~
I made a petty lie because I'm a kid. He knew I was lying, but kept quiet because Andrew is an adult.
~~~
     "Here, make sure you eat a lot," he set down a plate in front of her, "Oh,wait a minute. Ketchup... ketchup..." He walked to the kitchen looking for the bottle.
~~~
Now, the only one whose heart is beating like crazy, is me.
~~~
     "It was a lie," Nina said.
     "Huh?" Andrew turned around.
     "That thing about dieting is a lie. I was sulking and I wanted to trouble you, but I didn't want to tell the trust so I lied." She stared him in the eyes as she said this. "I'm sorry."
     "Wow... Well done..." Andrew looked at her in awe, "your parents taught you well."
     "Stop treating me like a child!" She puffed out her cheeks.
     "That's not it," he patted her head, "I'm telling you that because you're a good girl," he smiled. She blushed in response. "Someone who can't like has it hard."
     Hard? "Not really... there's nothing hard about it." Andrew chuckled at her response.
     "Is that so?"
~~~
What is "hard?"


No comments:

Post a Comment