Saturday, June 28, 2014

Story Time with Dolce! Part 3

     "Me?" Andrew looked up from the tomato in his hand, "What did I promise you? Or rather, in the sixth grade? You're still in the fourth grade, right?"
     Nina froze, giving him a sheepish look, "Andrew do you have a girlfriend?" Her arms starting moving in double time as she swept the den with all the might her tiny body could muster.
     "What's with that all of a sudden?"
     "It's a secret."
     "Then, what's your time? Say something..."
     "Well..." he looked down solemnly at the eggplants he was about to pick, "a girl who can eat a tuna and pickle sandwich gracefully." Nina turned around to look at his back, "In the past, even though she was super energetic and rough, she could eat a tuna and pickle sandwich gracefully without dripping anything on her hands or plate. And somehow, she was still a fast eater."
~~~
     That's... about Hillary...?
~~~
     "Did- Did you like her that much? That girl..." Nina forced a smile. She stopped sweeping.
~~~
     I didn't know anything. But you... you sill remember such small things...
~~~
     "Who knows?" he replied, "I've already forgotten," Andrew didn't turn back to look the girl in the eyes. But for an instant. It felt like my heart was frozen.
     Nina dropped the broom. "I heard... the sound of a heart breaking..." it sounded like she was on the verge of tears.
     "Eh? Nina?" Andrew turned around from petting Chickidee.
     "HARDWARE MALFUNCTION!" She ran away as fast as she could.
     "Are you okay?!" He immediately stood up and turned in the child's direction. "Your arms and legs are swinging at the same side, you know?" he shouted.
     "I'M GOING HOME!" Nina called, not facing backwards.
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP He could hear the sound of a car honking the at the girl.
     "What did I do this time?" he scratched his head confused.
~~~
It's fine, It's fine! The one he loved was my past self. It's not like he still has feelings for me now! But... But Hillary, your boyfriend is so heartless!
~~~
     "I've already forgotten." Those words echoed in Nina's ears over and over and over again.
~~~
I know I died, but that's just too mean.


No comments:

Post a Comment